Monday, August 24, 2009

Thorax (10/08)

I saw the thorax cake on theyrecoming.com a long time ago & wanted to make something that amazing ever since... They are the ones who told me (through the site) about Collete's Cakes books with the ganache & modeling chocolate recipes... kinda started this whole cake decorating obsession for me, actually.... I see they have moved the cake stuff here & have a lot more very amazing stuff there... but I digress...
I decided to give it a try, finally...

not as amazing as the Barbaras', but not to bad... I painted the organs to get the colors and squirted frosting over everything for some gore... Happy Halloween!
strawberry cake "lungs"
red velvet "liver" & "heart"
chocolate "stomach, & "kidneys"
yellow cake "intestines"
white chocolate "bones"

No comments:

Post a Comment